Title bar flicker fix for XTerm [setting title only on "cd"]

Robert L. Howard rhoward at msd.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 4 06:02:31 AEST 1990

In <BRISTER.90Oct3111036 at westworld.decwrl.dec.com> brister at decwrl.dec.com (James Brister) writes:
:
{a lot of people write...}
:
>> prompt,

>tcsh version 5.18 has a special alias called cwdcmd that is run
>automatically any time the $cwd variable is set. It is trivial to get the
>title to change using this facility and no messing around with the prompt
>string.

A related question....

However the tcsh feature, $sl and $el (for status lines), is not set
by tcsh on my system.

Sun Sparc
SunOS 4.1
tcsh version	tcsh 5.19 (Cornell) 9/26/90 Patch level 1
Running xterm under
X11r4 (PL 18).

When tcsh starts it sets term, TERM, TERMCAP and a lot of others but
sl and el are left blank.  Am I doing something wrong?  (The value
of TERMCAP shows that the xterm definition contains strings for ts and
fs.)

Has anyone had success using this under tcsh?

Thanks,
Robert

BTW, Where in the xterm docs can I found out what the string to set the
     title should be?

--
| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward at msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |