Killing run away processes

Jeremy J Starcher r3jjs at VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU
Mon Oct 8 13:07:10 AEST 1990

I posted a shell script that should kill all process except the shells,
and was asked if it would work on runaway processes (spawing messes)..

To answer.. I am not sure..

Since I have never seen a run away process and our local VAX god would not
be pleased if I started one (ie. I might loss my account), I cannot say.

If the process does not spawn too quickly, it should.

PS.  Depending upon local preformance, changin the 'grep' to 'egrep' might help
out quite a bit..