awk to C (was awk)

Chris Calabrese cjc at ulysses.att.com
Fri Oct 5 04:48:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct4.113742.23650 at cbnews.att.com> mvadh at cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) writes:
>In article <92 at dlss2.UUCP>, james at dlss2.UUCP (James Cummings) writes:
>>
>> 	There is an awk to C translator?....what's it called?
>
>awkcc

Hmm, seems like someone should expand on this a little.

awkcc is a New Awk to C translator done in my center by
J. Christopher Ramming.  It is available from the AT&T Toolchest
(no, I don't know the price).

It should be fairly portable on UNIX boxes.  Don't know about other
OS'.  I know it's been used on BSD 4.3 [VAX and CCI Tahoe],
System V [3B2 and '386], SunOS [Sun 3 and Sun 4], and MIPS.
Name:			Christopher J. Calabrese
Brain loaned to:	AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ
att!ulysses!cjc		cjc at ulysses.att.com
Obligatory Quote:	``pher - gr. vb. to schlep.  phospher - to schlep light.philosopher - to schlep thoughts.''