Korn Shell on SVR4 (was: Is Unix V.4 a Kornshell system?)

Novorolsky pgn at cbnewsc.att.com
Fri Sep 21 03:18:21 AEST 1990

>From article <1bZc02vpcaWd01 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, by ikluft at uts.amdahl.com (Ian Kluft):
> In article <1262 at Waterloo.NCR.COM> ken at Waterloo.NCR.COM (Ken Braithwaite) writes:
>>Can anyone tell me if the system V.4 runs the Kornshell?
>
> The SVR4 manuals should be available from AT&T in any large bookstore.  You'll
> notice from them that SVR4 is upwardly-compatible with System V.3.  Therefore,
> the Korn Shell will run just fine on it.

SVR4 supplies several shells, and yes, Korn shell is one of them.
As an additional item, the SVR4 ksh has some new features,
my favorite is job control. You can now move processes from foreground
to background and back. (Nothing new to csh users..., BTW, csh
is also supplied with SVR4.)

The SVR4 manuals are published by Prentice-Hall.