Sounds trivial, but it's not (I don't think)

Marek Pawlowski marekp at bkj386.uucp
Sat Sep 29 03:51:40 AEST 1990

On 27 Sep 90 21:04:58 GMT, Sean Fulton <sean at utoday.uucp> wrote:

> [..snipped..]
> This has been somewhat reliable, but only allows for one file
> per call. Given that there is a modem shortage on the remote end, this
> is unacceptable.
>
> So, does anyone have any ideas on how to do something like:
>
> ~!for a in `ls files`
> [..snipped..]

Simple, if I understood your question correctly.  Essentially, this relies on
doing the following:

cd /directory/containing/the/files/to/be/sent/out
for a in *
do
        foo
        [...]
        bar
done

Rather simple.
So, when do I get my free subscription to Unix Today?  :)

     Marek Pawlowski    || Intelligent Twist Software || You like bang-paths?
   marekp at contact.uucp  || 250 Harding Blvd.          ||
   root at aunix.uucp      || PO Box 32017               || uunet!contact!marekp
   marekp at generic.uucp  || Richmond Hill, Ontario     ||
   marekp at pnet91.uucp   || L4C 9M7        CANADA      ||    Don't we all?