ok, i've got a question...

Larry Wall lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Fri Sep 28 07:09:00 AEST 1990

In article <43048 at sequent.UUCP> lugnut at sequent.UUCP (Don Bolton) writes:
: Hmmmm.. did you try cat oldlist | awk -f filebelow > newlist ? Thats
: the way I've been running it.

Still dumps.  As I said, probably a line length limitation, which cat
would have no effect on.  Perhaps you're running gawk?  Dave is doing
a good job with that.  Nawk (the version I have, anyway) complains
about "input record `...' too long".

Tsk, tsk.  Well, at least it checks.  Give it half credit.

Larry