bourne shell query

Fred Whiteside fred at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 18 21:58:42 AEST 1990

hi,

	I just wanted to say thanks to all those who responded to my
question about the bourne shell.  Almost everyone gently pointed out
that i was improperly quoting the (single) argument to awk and most
tried to help me with the efficiency of the code.  Again, thanks to
one and all, including:

Sam Horrocks <sam at buckaroo.ICS.UCI.EDU>
rossc at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Ross Cartlidge)
tale at turing.cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence)
peter at ontmoh
Peter G. Ford <pgf at space.mit.edu>
eirik at theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Eirik Fuller)
rtc%westford.ccur.com at RELAY.CS.NET
shirono at gcx1.SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM (Roberto Shironoshita)
Kenneth Herron <kherron at ms.uky.edu>
Richard Frost <rfrost at spam.ua.oz.au>
Atte Kortekangas <ajk at tik.vtt.fi>
Jeff Beadles <jeff%quark.wv.tek.com at RELAY.CS.NET>
Bob English <renglish at hplabsz.hpl.hp.com>
wdavis at x102c.ess.harris.com (davis william 26373)
chawley%sundiver.esd.sgi.com at SGI.COM (Christopher J. Hawley)
uunet!atexnet!jackal (Phil Hammar)
Topher Eliot <eliot at DG-RTP.DG.COM>
kingdon at ai.mit.edu (Jim Kingdon)
cbp at icc.com (Chris Preston)
Doug Orr <doug at chorus.fr>
wd at samsa.pcs.com (wd)
bernie at DIALix.oz.au (Bernd Felsche)
Mark Brader <msb at sq.com>
contact!smarry (Marc Moorcroft)
bob at wyse.com (Bob McGowen x4312 dept208)
miken at pyrhard2.pyramid.com (Mike Newman)
jtp at ngs.fi (Jukka Partanen)

	now maybe my mailbox will stop eating up all of my quota ...

-Fred Whiteside           whitesid at darwin.CMH.McMaster.CA
 Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals   fred at maccs.DCSS.McMaster.CA
--
Fred Whiteside   Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
whitesid@{mcmaster.ca,darwin.cmh.mcmaster.ca,130.113.2.18}