How to strip edit characters

Paul John Falstad pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Sep 27 14:13:56 AEST 1990

In article <6665 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> ejmag at aplcen (Magnusson Eric 859-4680) writes:
>Is there a "shell" way to remove the backspace characters, yet retain

sed /.^H/s///g

You should be able to type in the ^H by typing <control-v><control-h>.
I had to fight with my terminal to keep it from sending ^?.

Perl solutions, anyone?  :-)

If Lafontaine's elk would spurn Tom Jones, the engine must be our head, the
dining car our esophagus, the guardsvan our left lung, the kettle truck our
shins, the first class compartment the piece of skin at the nape of the neck,
and the level crossing an electric elk called Simon.