UNIX equivalent to DOSEDIT ??

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Sep 13 10:17:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep11.230946.23611 at midway.uchicago.edu> phd_jacquier at gsbacd.uchicago writes:

| Why is there not a simple way to recall, edit and reissue old commands
| like in DOS with dosedit or scrollrecall, or in VMS ?

  There are several solutions. Perhaps the best is Korn shell, which has
emacs, gemacs, or vi style editing of the recent command lines. There
are also a couple of programs which run using the "line discipline" hook
to provide editing. Sorry I don't remember details on this one.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX