How to do mv *.xyz *.abc in shell script??

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Sun Sep 16 04:39:30 AEST 1990

>Our man page for mkcmd states it is from Sun Release 3.4.

I find this difficult to believe; I don't remember it being there when I
was at Sun and using SunOS 3.x, and it ain't in SunOS 4.0.3.

Does it *explicitly* say it came from there, or is it just that the page
footers on the manual page say "Sun Release 3.4"?  The latter doesn't
mean the program in question necessarily came from there; it just means
the manual page was *formatted* on a SunOS 3.4 system.