Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.edu
Tue Apr 30 01:17:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr27.174921.27741 at risky.ecs.umass.edu> breck at ganzer.ecs.umass.edu (Liam Breck) writes:
=Unix Applications Programming, Mastering the Shell
=by Ray Swartz
=Sams, div. of Macmillan Computer Publishing, 1990
=ISBN 0-672-22715-0
=Library of Congress # 90-61476
=
=editor's note: My experience with Sams books makes me want to avoid
=them.  Poor writing, typos in bad places, poor consideration of topic.

Have you looked at their recent output?  They are now using relatively
knowledgeable technical reviewers (ahem, ahem ;-)) and the writing I've
seen lately has been excellent.  Now, if you were talking about TAB
Books, I would not have commented.

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math