public domain ksh sources - where ?

John Adams johna at a-k.boston.ma.us
Tue Apr 9 10:46:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.032244.14401 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>In article <1991Apr5.032451.8153 at a-k.boston.ma.us>, I write:
>|> It's nice that you can do all this collection using taxpayer networks.  Could
>|> you act as an intermediary for those of us who are not attending taxpayer
>|> supported schools?  When can we expect your reply?
>
>  I'm seriously wondering what chip on your shoulder prompted you to ask this
>in such a hostile manner.

I asked jik in email which words he found hostile.  I received the reply
that I was "rude and condescending".  So I'm asking the net.
In regard to my original article (included in its entirety above):
	First, I compliment the collection methods.
	Second, I ask if others can benefit.
	Third, I ask if a reply will be forthcoming.
Does anyone else see this article as "hostile"?  What would you have written?

My dictionary defines "rude" as "ignorance of or indifference to good form".
Personally, I think "good form", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Webster defines "condescending" as "lowering from one's rank or station
in dealing with an inferior".  Not my choice of words to describe my posting.

--
John Adams	johna at a-k.boston.ma.us	...!world!iecc!a-k!johna