shells?

Chet Ramey chet at odin.INS.CWRU.Edu
Thu Apr 18 03:43:48 AEST 1991

I wrote:

>In all but truly ancient versions of /bin/sh, or perhaps in Research Unix
>versions, (I do not have my manuals handy to check), test is built in.

I should clarify the above by stating that the shell shipped as /bin/sh on
4.2 BSD, 4.3 BSD, and Ultrix systems is indeed a truly ancient version,
before people point out that these shells do not have `test' built in.

Chet
--
Chet Ramey			  Internet: chet at po.CWRU.Edu
Case Western Reserve University	  NeXT Mail: chet at macbeth.INS.CWRU.Edu

``Now,  somehow we've brought our sins back physically -- and they're pissed.''