Positional parameters beyond $9 (manpage is right)

Greg Onufer greg at cheers.Bungi.COM
Wed Apr 17 21:46:02 AEST 1991

slootman at dri.nl (Paul Slootman) writes:
>OK, so, there *ISN'T* a way to directly access positional parameters
>beyond $9 (besides shifting). :-( I'll stay with my hack, then.

Please note that (at least in the draft I have) POSIX specifies in
its Shells and Utilities standard that ${10} and higher are allowed
and work as expected.  The braces are required, but are optional
in the single digit case (so scripts that relied on $10 being
${1}0 still work?).

Conclusion?  Get yourself a POSIX-compliant shell.

Cheers!greg