public domain ksh sources - where ?

Ken Hardy ken at racerx.UUCP
Thu Apr 11 08:05:39 AEST 1991

In article <2797 at sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au>, john at chook.ua.oz (John Warburton) writes:
> In reading the Korn Shell book by David Korn, page 4 gives you a bunch of
> phone numbers aroiund the world where you can get source code to ksh from
> AT&T via the "AT&T UNIX System Toolchest software distributiuon system".
>
> So, from this I would assume that it is in the public domain...
> So, is it possible to get it straight from AT&T on the Internet??

There is a per-item charge, and, I think, an initial registration fee.
I no longer have the logs of the dial-in session I did some time back
to the AT&T toolchest, or I'd post the charges.

You can dial in and browse free of charge, but the charges once you want
something are not insignificant -- several hundred for something as
usefull as ksh, I recall.

For those not in the know, the AT&T Toolchest is a bulletin-board system
wherein AT&T has gathered some of the things developed internally and
found useful, and offered them for sale.  I have a list I saved when I
dialed in, but it is in hardcopy format, and I don't feel like typing it
in.

--
Ken Hardy		uunet!racerx!ken		ken at racerx.UUCP