tcsh source without csh source license

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Fri Apr 5 05:32:17 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar31.114804.13952 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> tar at math.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) writes:
>It's not a myth; I use it here.  Grab the 4.3bsd-reno csh sources from
>wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) or wherever else they are ...

I'm not sure what Tim is using, but it isn't the "free'd" Reno distribution.
The csh directory in the source tree includes csh.1, pathnames.h and doprnt.c --
hardly enough to build csh!

You cannot build tcsh without having csh sources.  You currently cannot get csh
sources without having an BSD source license.  You cannot get a BSD source
license without having an ATT source license.

It is possible that csh will show up in part of the free'd BSD sources when 4.4
comes out.  This will not be a full Unix release, just stuff known to not have
AT&T licensing restrictions.
	/r$
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.