signature of the Bourne shell and the C shell

Xiang-Min Wang xwang at gmuvax2.gmu.edu
Sun Feb 24 14:29:06 AEST 1991

I am writing a shell script in which I want, among other things, to have
the capability of testing first the system is the Bourne shell or the C
shell. Right now, I am using some system shell variables to do that. I
do not feel comfortable with this solution. I want to know you (the
netter) have any rebust solution to this problem (test is it the Bourne
or C shell?). Any suggestions or ideas welcome. Thank you in advance.

Please send your response to:

	xwang at gmuvax2.gmu.edu (usa)
	xwang at gmuvax.bitnet (usa)

xwang