does a zgrep exist? (zgrep <> zcat | grep)

James Brister brister at decwrl.dec.com
Sat Feb 16 10:22:51 AEST 1991

On 15 Feb 91 22:21:13 GMT, Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM said:

> Following this trend you'll have a z<everything> ... sort of like
> r<everything> (rsh, rcp ...).  Sort of a bad road to follow too far I
> guess.

Given that one of the laws of computer operations states that data will
expand to fill all available space on a disk, I'd say that this road is a
necessary path to take.

James
--
James Brister                                           brister at decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab., Palo Alto, CA    {uunet,sun,pyramid}!decwrl!brister