Dataflow Shells

David Cheney dcheney at dcheney.austin.ibm.com
Fri Feb 22 03:01:19 AEST 1991

I am looking for information on dataflow architecture, both hardware and
software based.  I remembered seeing David Korn's reference (in Intro to KSH)
to 2dsh, allowing "the setup of more complicated networks of processes
than just pipelines".  The reference identifies M. Rochind (Marc?) as the
author of a Bell Technical Memo on the subject.  Korn extensions include
read/write from multiple fd.  Anybody had any experience with this, or know
where I can learn more?   Finally, ever heard anything regarding OS support
for networks of pipes?

Thanks in advance,

David J. Cheney   (512)823-3799    IBM Advanced Workstation Division, Zip 2401
dcheney at dcheney.austin.ibm.com            11400 Burnet Road, Austin, TX  78758