DCL and EDT for Unix?

Ethan J Benatan ejbst4 at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Thu Jun 20 07:59:15 AEST 1991

There is one emulator that I have used which works pretty well, and does both
DCL and EDT; it is good enough that in half a day I managed to learn it and
port some serious .com files to it, which required only minor modifications.

Here's the rub: it was on a Convex, and is proprietary Convex software, so
I don't know if it would be available or workable on anything else. But the
Convex folks might be able to help you.

The calm voice of reason regarding this: yes, the differences can get annoying;
yes, you won't have the unix advantages if you don't learn a shell; but
each user will have to decide how much time to invest in learning. I needed one
job, *now*, so I did it the quick way. If you are going to be doing this for
the next decade, you might want to learn a new shell...

	Ethan