File remove command?

Albert Langer cmf851 at anu.oz.au
Sat Jun 22 03:13:45 AEST 1991

In article <3202 at wyse.wyse.com> bob at wyse.UUCP (Bob McGowan) quotes and writes:

>>How does one fill a file with zeroes or whatever in as few keystrokes
>>as possible? ed?
>
>I do not know about the "in as few keystrokes as possible", but the
>following script will overwrite the file space.
>[...]  THERE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM:  The amount of system RAM available
>to the user will affect how big a file can be handled by this procedure.

>I hope this is of interest to someone out there.  ;-)

Thanks Bob, I will keep the script handy.

Anyone got any other ideas, that might overcome the RAM limitation and be
few enough keystrokes to use casually without a script, or at least
define as an alias? I still think ed might be useful.

--
Opinions disclaimed (Authoritative answer from opinion server)
Header reply address wrong. Use cmf851 at csc2.anu.edu.au