Shell wildcard expansion

Mike Hoffmann mike at ap542.uucp
Tue Jun 25 00:48:54 AEST 1991

Hi!

I have no idea if this is a FAQ, but anyway.

I'm looking for a wildcard expansion mechanism, where for example I could
do mv *.c *.o.
E.g. an expansion where I only get the * part.
Another case would be, say a directory containing files
foobar foobar.c and foobar.o and when I use *.c I only get foobar, which I can
then use further.

I think this is what I want :-)
Mike

--
Mike Hoffmann, Siemens-Nixdorf AG, SNI AP 712
UUCP: mike at ap542.uucp | INTERNET: mike%ap542 at ztivax.siemens.com
      Berlin now is the Capital, Bonn was...
Thank Heavens, I'm in Munich, the Capital of a different State called Bavaria!