Getting HUPed

KiYun Roe kiyun at mirror.tmc.com
Tue Mar 26 08:56:58 AEST 1991

In article <d2wB01ev46cG00 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> krs at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kris Stephens [Hail Eris!]) writes:
>The thing about the trapped command is that you don't need to issue
>an exit from within the command-series.  The sh (or ksh) will simply
>execute the command on its merry way out.

My experience is that if I don't put an exit within the trap command
series, the script doesn't exit when it receives a signal.  It just
cleans up the temp files and then continues to execute.  I use a trap
handler so that I can clean-up before aborting on a signal, not to keep
the signal from aborting the script.

So, the issue is whether an exit in the trap 0 handler will cause any
harm (loop), but I've never had any problem with that.

--
----
KiYun Roe	kiyun at mirror.TMC.COM