Finding files modified "today" (Was: Awk with passed parameters)

The Grey Wolf greywolf at unisoft.UUCP
Wed Mar 27 12:18:43 AEST 1991

/*
 * discussion re: finding all files modified today.
 * subdebate regarding performance of test unless it's a shell builtin...
 */

One way to accomplish finding all files modified today is to go by a
timestamp file which was touched at midnight, and use
"find . -newer <timestampfile> -print | xargs /bin/ls -<lsopts>..."
or whatever is most optimal.

I think find(1) needs yet more improvement, most of all in the department
of time granularity (if you can call a day "granular" -- seems like a large
boulder to me...).  Oh, and a -ctime option would be nice...