extra tput parameters

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Mar 15 14:58:47 AEST 1991

As quoted from <3249 at meaddata.meaddata.com> by franz at meaddata.com (Franz Weckesser):
+---------------
| I've written a shell script which does some cursor positioning using
| the tput cup capability.  Works great on my sun, but when I move it to
| other machines (a sequent or an ibm RT), tput gives a usage error due
| to the extra arguments (the cursor position coordinates).  I.e on my

Prior to V.3.2 (V.3.1?), tput didn't do a tparm automatically.  This made it
less than useful.  This restriction *was* documented, however.

If you run Perl, watch for my terminfo-in-Perl routines in comp.lang.perl.

		&setupterm;
		print &tputs(&tparm(&cursor_address, 0, 0));

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    Ham: KB8JRR on 40m, 10m when time
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		      permits; also 2m, 220, 440, 1200