echo question

Byron Rakitzis byron at archone.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 9 04:47:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar08.180955.12077 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
>From the keyboard of ramsey at NPIRS.Purdue.EDU (Ed Ramsey):
>:Which shell, then?
>
>One that's sh compatible.  sh itself is pretty bare-bones, but still
>better csh by a parsec or three.  There's also the BRL shell, ksh, or bash.
>
>--tom

If you want a shell that's slightly less bare-bones than sh, but still
pretty tiny, consider rc, the at&t plan 9 shell. I've created my own
public implementation of this shell. See the relevant articles in
comp.archives, comp.lang.misc and comp.unix.shell. (Gee, that's this
group!)

Byron.

--
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together."