TCSH exit crashing Sparc

Paul Ninnis pauln at TIRS.oz.au
Fri May 24 12:51:10 AEST 1991

We're having the occasional problem using tcsh on a sparc station 1 under
SunOS 4.1
It appears to create a data fault causing a panic condition leading to
rebooting when a terminal user logs out (only occasionally)
(possibly by the use of exit rather than ^D)
This info was recorded in the system messages file along with its PID no

This is the version and the compiler set options obtained by a 'set'
  version tcsh 5.20.02 (Cornell) 12/07/90 options 8b,nls,el,dl,al,dir

At times , no other users or processes are running when this has occurred
Is this a know bug?
Is there a later version of tcsh that fixes it?
|  ___  __   _  _   _     _    _            | PAUL NINNIS : Software Engineer|
| (  ,)( ,\ ( )( ) / )   ( )  / )           | International Railroad Systems |
|  ) _) )  \ \()/ / (_    ) \/ / @TIRS.oz.au| 209 Wakefield St,Adelaide SA   |
| The Hidden Flaw NEVER Remains Hidden      | FAX: +61 8 232 2274            |