reading,adding text w/ed!!

Robert Oliver Jr. robby at nuchat.sccsi.com
Sun May 12 17:18:52 AEST 1991

Hi,

I am new to the unix world.  I wonder If anyone can help me with a script file?
I am using the csh and trying to read a bunch of files that have the first 2
lines with where they are supposed to go and what they are supposed to be
named.  If the file is there then add it to the file - the first 2 lines?

I was trying to do this with ed and a temp file.  I don't know how to read
the first line and change to that path.  Also how to know if the file is there?

Any help would be very usefull.

                                                      Robert Oliver
                                                      robby at nuchat.sccsi.com