What VGA to buy (Summary)

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Wed Nov 21 04:16:09 AEST 1990

imdave at cbnewsc.att.com (david.e.bodenstab) writes:

>About a week ago I asked if anyone had been successful using a VGA with
>uport's SV/AT -- specifically, what brand/model of VGA.

>As I received no responses, there isn't much of a summary.  If anyone was
>waiting for a summary, this is it.  Sorry.

>Of course, maybe this means that one cannot use a VGA with SV/AT.

You can use a VGA card - but not in VGA mode and *ONLY* if the board has
hardware EGA compatability.  You must use it as an EGA board.

We will likely provide VGA modes sometime before the next millennium, but
unfortunatly, it is not real high on our priority list

Richard

Richard Ducoty		         (*)(*)				duc at mport.COM
Microport Inc.		            \				uunet!mport!duc
voice=> (408) 438-8649	            <	 		  fax=> (408) 438-7560