Problem with time

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Thu Nov 8 22:34:14 AEST 1990

In <4294 at lib.tmc.edu> jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu (Jay Maynard) writes:

>In article <678 at seer.UUCP> fred at seer.uucp (Glen Collins) writes:
>In article <1990Nov7.191619.1254 at msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> engelsma at buster.cps.msu.edu (Engelsma Jonathan) writes:
>>As long as we are talking about problems with time... I also have a
>>problem.   The system time appears to be an hour fast every 24 hours
>>of running.

This is clearly documented in the 2.4 Release Notes:

	If your clock seems to be running slowly, you should patch
	the clocktic variable in the kernel.  Lower values will speed
	up the UNIX clock.  The command to adjust the clock is
	patch /system5 clocktic <number>.  <number> differs depending
	on the manufacturer of your machine.  Some trial values are:
	19885 (0x4DAD for some IBM systems), 20499 (0x5013 for a
	10MHz Acer AT), or 19824 (0x4D70) for an 8MHz NCR PCA).  You
	will need to experiment for particular hardware.

NOTE:  The 'patch' command called for in these instructions is not the
Public Domain 'patch' but rather Microport's /etc/patch.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047