pathalias for microport V/AT 2.4

Tim Cwik tim at whale.ag.com
Thu Jan 10 07:58:08 AEST 1991

Has anyone been able to build a pathalias for microport system V/AT
2.4 on a 286? I would like to be able to process the comp.mail.maps
files for the entire world, but the version of pathalias that I have
memory faults and dumps core. From sdb, the problem seems to be a
bad memory access in the "inner loop" of the hash table probe when
"rehashing into 21499". Table[probe]/ gives a "data address not found"
I am assuming that this is due to a problem in memory allocation
under the large model malloc. If I compile with the small model,
pathalias fails with "not enough memory". I have tried using and not
using the supplied "MYMALLOC", small and large model. I am sure that
as usual, I am missing something simple. Could someone please point
me in the right direction or at least sum up your experience with pathalias.
I will summarize for the group.
Thanks Tim

--
Timothy J. Cwik                                          voice:609-368-2482
Associates Group                                      UUCP: uunet!whale!tim
PO Box 235						   tim at whale.ag.com
Stone Harbor, NJ 08247