do you need sds to get cpp

John R. Levine johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
Fri Aug 31 13:23:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug30.225933.22731 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <326 at tslwat.UUCP> louk at tslwat.UUCP (Lou Kates) writes:
>>[does cpp come with the base system]
>Cpp is part of the SDS, not part of the base OS.

On ISC Unix at least, the kernel config subset which comes with the base
system contains /lib/idcpp, which is the C preprocessor that the kernel
builder uses and is as far as I can tell the same as /bin/cpp.

Unless your version of Unix builds its kernel very differently from the way
that AT&T does I'd expect to find it on other versions as well.

--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us, {ima|spdcc|world}!esegue!johnl