SCO UNIX <REPLACES> VMS and ULTRIX on new DEC product line

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Thu Dec 27 02:23:05 AEST 1990

In article <29029 at usc> annala at neuro.usc.edu (A J Annala) writes:
-
-My friends tell me most of VMS is coded in a DEC proprietary language
-called BLISS.  BLISS exists for PDP-11's, PDP-10's, and VAXen -- DEC ...

Almost right.  The VMS kernel is entirely, or almost entirely, written in
VAX assembler.  Many of the user-mode commands, utilities and libraries,
though, are written in BLISS.
--
Larry Campbell             The Boston Software Works, Inc., 120 Fulton Street
campbell at redsox.bsw.com    Boston, Massachusetts 02109 (USA)