Booting SCO with Sound Blaster installed (QUERY)

Bill Poitras bill at polygen.uucp
Fri Dec 14 07:56:12 AEST 1990

I am having trouble booting SCO Unix/386 (3.2.1) when I have my
SoundBlaster card installed.  When it boots from the install floppy, the
equiptment list comes up, and lists the SB as a paralell port.  This
still happens whether I put it on IRQ5 or IRQ7.  My system also has 2
Serials, 1 paralell, a Power Graph VGA (w/V1.4 BIOS), a WD1006-SR2 drive
controller, and Pheonix Bios.  The motherboard is a Chicony 386SX-16 with
4 Megs of RAM.  When the equiptment list gets to the Soundblaster, it
prints out 'F8' after the Soundblaster line (reported as a paralell port)
an then hangs.  Any clues??  Any help would greatly be appreciated.