'386 Unix Wars

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Dec 21 10:38:43 AEST 1990

tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) writes:

>Anyway, memory is so damn cheap these days.  My only beef is that, for a
>UNIX release packing so many additional files, SVR4/386 doesn't have better
>support for huge ESDI disks.  It chafes to have to throw away 100MB of
>my Maxtor just to keep upder 1024 cylinders.  I would like to see this
>addressed in a future rev.

My beef is that I can only put 12 megs in my machine without causing
problems with the multiport boards (which I can't seem to get to work
below 1 megabyte)..

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)