Larry Walls Patch program for SCO UNIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 01:51:20 AEST 1990

In article <18329 at netcom.UUCP> aed at netcom.UUCP (Andrew Davidson) writes:

| does any one know where I can get a version of Larry Walls patch program
| that runs in SCO ODT UNIX.  I have a version that copys the files with
| the extension .orig. sco only allows files to have 14 chars in there name
| Supposedly there is a version that rename files to #

  There's an option when you compile which uses a single character
instead of .orig. I think the character is ~ rather than #, but no
matter. I use it even on the version I have for V.4, where I do have
long names. The longer name just makes directory listing larger.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX