Adding Conner disk to ISC with old AT controller -- problems?

Chris Shenton chris at asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Dec 15 06:24:59 AEST 1990

I've got ISC 2.0.2 on a 386 with a (I think) 70MB disk running of an MFM(?)
controller (Western Digital 1:1 interleave -- 2 years ago, best thing going
for the money). [tell me if I appear confused!]

I need a new disk, and the Connor 200MB seems the way to go. Enlighten me
about how to interface it! It comes with SCSI or EDI -- which should I get?
Can I use it (with a new SCSI/EDI controller) along with my current 70MB
with WD controller, or do I lose my old disk? Performance problems?

If I go SCSI -- the way I'm leaning -- can I run my existing floppy off a
new SCSI controller? the old WD ctlr? Recommendations on SCSI controllers?
What does the `Bus Master' bit (seen in adverts) refer to?

Thanks in advance!

PS: if you'd prefer, email and I'll summarize.
--
chris at asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov, ...!uunet!asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov!chris, PITCH::CHRIS