Tar Tape problems

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.uucp
Wed Dec 5 06:09:43 AEST 1990

martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:

> 1)	achv1:Driver.o  386/ix 3.2 - Version 2.0.1
>
> 2)	INTERACTIVE UNIX System, ARCHIVE Cartridge Tape Driver Version 2.0.1
>
> Number 1) was given to me ~summer 1989, number 2) came with ISC's
> release 2.2; the release number seems to be the same, though the
> binary isn't (but this may be due to the changed copyright message).

 I have two more versions, 2.02 (came from ISC) and 2.04 (came direct
from Archive, and is the latest with no planned revisions in the near
future). I don't have the problem you two are talking about, but
things aren't quite rosey here either. I seem to have a problem (with
both versions of the driver) with files getting corrupted while
switching tracks at tape's end (out of synch, actually).

> less to help selling hardware. In the current situation, if someone
> asked me, I'd definately *not* recommend to buy the FT60/ST600 drive
> from ARCHIVE if it should be used with ISC UNIX. So ARCHIVE could only
> win if someone with more expertise looks through the sources and fixes
> this annoying bug.

 Hmm, I am using their vp150 (the L version, not the SCSI version). I
am moving up to a Wangtek (on my 1542B)...

 Grant DeLorean
grant at bluemoon  ...osu-cis!n8emr!bluemoon!grant  ...towers!bluemoon!grant
###
 So just remember, if a weirdo in a blue suit comes up and offers you
some DOS, just say NO!
    (a message from the President's War on DOS committee)
###