Unix & X-Windows on 386SX

David Mason mason at oct1.UUCP
Tue Dec 4 03:09:02 AEST 1990

In article <2318 at tabbs.UUCP> aris at tabbs.UUCP (Aris Stathakis) writes:
>What's wrong with that is that it isn't C2.  The C2 standard states that
>it must be included in the product, and you cannot have the same product
>without the C2 security - or else it does not constitute C2.

I'm having a hard time swallowing this one.  In the list of optional
extensions for ISC 2.2 is the Security Extension, which "contains files
needed to raise .... [ 2.2 ] .... to C2".  (As an aside, what a BRILLIANT
idea to make this and *Optional* Extension.  Viva, ISC, Viva).  But
according to Aris' statement, this is not correct, so ISC just wasted N
(where N is a large number) man hours porting this extension.

My faith in ISC is such that I cannot believe that they would do that.
Aris, can you back up your claims with some quotes from a definitive
reference, such as the orange book?