mkfs under 386/ix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Fri Dec 7 12:18:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec4.080453.3739 at actrix.gen.nz> paul at actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>The problem:  the standard ISC docs donfor 2.02 't have a mkfs man page.

I don't know where you got your docs, but there is a man page for mkfs in
the 2.0.2 docs.  Maybee you aren't checking the correct section (1M).

>I couldn't work out how big the file system originally was, in
>blocks, because I'd lost the mkfs.data that was originally created.

This information will be in /etc/partitions.  If you don't have the file,
you can get a copy by running mkpart(1M) with the correct arguments.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170