SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Victor Gavin vic at grep.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 22:04:23 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec9.143700.9682 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>>	see R4's equiv! Filesystem reorganization will be another fun change!
>
>Symlinks make the reorganization a non-issue.

As I understand it, AT&T are using SUN's hashed up
multiple-system-f*cked-up-symbolic-everything filesystem.

Have you ever tried to access it over a network.
None of the symlinks works out right (This was from an HP 9000 to a SUN386i).

Now take a look at HP's Context Dependent Files. Much cleaner, easier to
maintain, aestetically please. Also now part of OSF. Coming to a system near
you Real Soon Now.

			vic