Mail spool dir location (was Re: SCO doesn't sell UNIX)

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 04:28:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec02.213409.17190 at ka3ovk.irs.GOV> brown at ka3ovk.irs.GOV (Ken Brown) writes:
>I've got another one.  As part of SysV, AT&T in their infinite wisdom
>decided to move the mail spool directory from /usr/spool/mail to
>/usr/lib/mail.  Seemed like a strange move to me, with no obvious benefits
>but, hey, it was their baby.  They can do as they wish.

Interesting. On Interactive stuff (1.0.6, 2.0.2, and 2.2) it's /usr/mail;
not in /usr/spool OR /usr/lib.

Geezz, standards are wonderful. :-)

> [ ... ] thereby creating Pseudnix (I love that word).

There seems to be a lot of it out here....

CFD: comp.pseudunix.*

:-)

--
Gary Heston System Mismanager and technoflunky uunet!sci34hub!gary or
My opinions, not theirs.  SCI Systems, Inc.     gary at sci34hub.sci.com
  The sysadmin sees all, knows all, and doesn't tell the boss who's
  updating their resumes....  This .sig Copyright G. L. Heston, 1990