Future of SCO UNIX

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Tue Dec 11 07:02:54 AEST 1990

>As for OSF/1 in the future...
>I can see SCO going with Mach very easily!
>Mach is a very interesting system because of the way
>it is designed. It is not really UNIX at all. It is a
>memory manager and IPC manager (basicly) and a Task
>manager.

You might want to change the "OSF/1" to "OSF/2"; as far as I know,
OSF/1, or at least the first release of it, will be based on a version
of Mach that does *not* move the part of the UNIX environment
traditionally implemented in the kernel out into libraries and servers,
but has it still in the kernel.