GNU G++ and libg++ ON ESIX REV D

Ronald rlb at bsts00.UUCP
Thu Dec 27 06:59:56 AEST 1990

I have compiled GCC 1.37.1 and G++ 1.37.0 for USG SYSV (ESIX Rev D).
I do not use GAS or GLD since I compiled this code for COFF use.  However when
I compile the g++ lib 1.37.0 I get "aline" errors from my stock UNIX SYSV
assembler and the make aborts.  If I substitute the GNU assembler, I will
go past this error and compile the entire lib.  However, the library will
not work since the GAS does not support COFF and the SYSV ld.  My question
is this:

	Can GCC, G++ and the lib G++ work on SYSV with COFF?

	It appears that the docs indicate yes, however the g++ lib
	does not seem to support this?

	GAS assembly makes the lib appear as a pre V7 pdp11/Vax file.

Thank's in advance for any pointers.

Ron

--
Ron Bolin	     	    (404) 529-3945
BellSouth Services   	    Rm 25M64, 675 W. Peachtree St.  Atlanta, Ga 30375