SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Riccardo Pizzi pizzi at esacs.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 22:09:40 AEST 1990

In article <531 at camco.Celestial.COM> bill at camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:

>I would love to see SCO UNIX available, not with 'relaxed' C2
>security, but with NO C2 security.  Shadow passwords are probably
>a good idea, but unnecessary if you use good passwords in the
>first place (not your spouse's name, birthday...).  Most security
>problems are caused by lazy, incompetent system administrators,
>not by the operating system.

I completely agree with you. The incompetence of users standing at the top of
the list. How many machines have forgotten logins without passowrd around the
world? I'm sure there are a *lot*.

Rick
--
Riccardo Pizzi @ ESA Software, Rimini, ITALY
e-mail: pizzi%esacs at relay.EU.net -or- root at xtc.sublink.org
Public Access Unix @ +39-541-27858 (Telebit)
<< Object Oriented is an Opaque Disease >>