looking for information on the NEC Multisync Graphics Engine

Rick Farris rfarris at rfengr.com
Wed Dec 19 12:44:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec18.034923.29347 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:

> I think Dell relabels this as their GPX board.

No, the Dell GPX board is a relabeled Renaissance Rendition
II board.

> I also noticed that the Dell GPX is listed as a supported board under
> ISC 2.0.2.  Is it supported under X using the 34010, or just in VGA
> mode?

Under Dell Unix (a derivative of ISC), the GPX does *great*
X.  I've started up 6 "kaleid" windows, and still had good
performance in an xterm window, with only slight jerkiness.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757