Packed C-structures in Interactive UNIX

Daniel N. Abushanab danabu at scorpio.uucp
Fri Dec 14 05:44:15 AEST 1990

I'm very new to shell programming, so maybe this is a stupid question,
but I'll ask away anyway.  I'm trying to write a script that will look
in a directory, see how many files are in there, then randomly select
one to be displayed as a background picture.  Currently I'm using the
time as a selection criterion, where a different picture is displayed
depending on what time it is when the request is made.  Not very
elegant, but like I said, I'm new at this.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.