SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Dec 2 09:37:50 AEST 1990

As quoted from <2332 at cdin-1.UUCP> by fred at cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump):
+---------------
| This whole discussion escapes me. From the end-user's, what's the difference?
+---------------

Try developing on the d*mned thing.

+---------------
| Whatever SCO does will still be the product that drives the market and others
| will adjust to it. Witness any compatibility 'arrangement' and who's involved
+---------------

Not this time; SCO Pseudnix is getting bashed by more people than just a few
Usenetters.  SCO will get a clue *or* the same thing will happen to them as
happened to IBM in the PC market:  they will be bought only by hard-cores (like
Chip is stuck with) while the rest of the market switches to something else.

+---------------
| I will let the hackers argue bits and bytes but the bottom line is what counts
| to make their paychecks out every week.

True.  We have to deliver product to get money for our paychecks, and SCO
Pseudnix is doing everything it can to make that impossible.  I suspect Chip's
in a similar predicament.  This is supposed to be an *advantage*?

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN