Making X work on Interactive 386/ix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Dec 5 23:24:21 AEST 1990

In article <1607 at redsox.bsw.com> campbell at redsox.bsw.com (Larry Campbell) writes:
>I have noticed that my work system, which has a Logitech serial mouse,
>exhibits very slow (although not measured in seconds!) and erratic mouse
>response.  At home, I have a Logitech bus mouse, and it works MUCH more
>nicely.  So I would recommend ditching the serial mouse, but I suspect
>there's something much more fundamental wrong with your system.

This isn't the case with any of the Logitech serial devices we have here.  They
all work like a charm and the response is great.  (we use both serial mice and
serial trackballs).

If you are having problems with a mouse, it isn't the class of mouse itself (in
other words, your mouse may be screwed up, but replacing it with another one
from the same manufacturer should fix the problem).

                                                Sterling, VA 22170