'386 Unix Wars

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Dec 24 06:11:35 AEST 1990

| Why is this?  Does this mean (do you think?) that if I up my machine to
| 16MB, my AST 4-port board will not work?

  It only effects cards which are memory mapped and can't be put between
640k and 1MB. You also have to turn off memory shadow in that range if
you have memory mapped devices there.

  Original poster: you did turn off shadow memory when trying to put the
board in that range, right?

  I think the AST is i/o mapped, but the clone I ordered hasn't come yet.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX